Thursday, January 21, 2016

On we go--still more books!

I have come now to one of my favorites! Doggone Love was my second gay romance and the first of a number of tales that became The Canine Cupids. This story is also my all time number one best seller and its popularity still carries on to the recent past. While some older stories rarely sell now, this one has sales every quarter, without fail. Most of the other Canine Cupids tales do too. I'll feature the first two tonight. Eight of them are collected in print in two anthologies, Canine Cupids and Canine Cupids 2.  All can be bought at my page http://www.amberquill.com/store/m/137-Deirdre-O-Dare.aspx  (titles are listed in alphabetical order)

A little side bar to Doggone Love. At the time I wrote it, I had one Australian Shepherd, a male named Rico. I'd  had to have my late husband's old dog put to sleep a few weeks earlier and Dr Vann in this story was inspired but the substitute vet who helped me send Sadie to the Rainbow Bridge. Then, I was looking for a female Aussie to keep Rico company. In this tale, I named the hero's beloved stock dog "Dixie Belle". When I got my girl a month or so later, she was already named--yep, Belle. I called her Belle Starr because she was a sly little bandit when it came to getting food and treats, even sometimes those she was not supposed to have! Coincidence or clairvoyance? Who knows.

Blurb and Cover for Doggone Love:  Solitary rancher Damon Carhart expects to spend the
rest of his life alone. Then an injury to a beloved stock dog sends him to the nearest veterinary clinic for help. His crusty old veterinarian friend is away and, in his place, is a young doctor in whom Damon initially has no faith. Once he entrusts his canine friend to Eric Vann’s care, however, everything begins to change...
And once desire gets a bite on him, what can he do but go along for the wild ride?
Eric Vann has loved animals all his life, following in an uncle’s footsteps to become a veterinarian. He knows if he ever finds a soul-mate it will be another male. When Damon comes in, fierce in defense of his favorite dog, Eric is immediately captivated.
Can he overcome the other man’s instinctive resistance to the powerful attraction that begins almost at once?

The second Canine Cupids tale resulted from a joking dare by a friend and fellow Amber Quill author. She knew I was not really into small dogs and challenged me to make one the canine hero of a tale. I did  have two other friends who had Maltese so I chose that breed for my unlikely canine hero in The Maltese Terror. I used a Colorado blizzard to cause teh two guys to meet, a storm much like one I lived through while I lived at Falcon, a town outside Colorado Springs, back in the 1970s

Blurb and Cover for The Maltese Terror:
Landscape architect Nick LeGrande has never 
experienced a more disastrous trip! When he ends up stranded in a Colorado blizzard, he’s glad to have the company of his little canine buddy, Cedric, which circumstances forced him to bring along. Then a sexy Samaritan rescues them and Nick is introduced to a world he hardly knew existed...and is quickly enthralled.

Caleb Storm is a loner, a rancher whose Native American blood sets him a bit apart from most of his fellows. When a spring blizzard dumps Nick LeGrande and his tiny dog into Caleb’s life, he and his old stock dog Cheyenne hardly know what to make of their visitors. Caleb finds Nick very attractive but doubts such a successful and urbane man could have any interest in him. Their dogs, however, hit it off from the start and seem to conspire to get their masters together. Can a pair of canine cupids work the necessary magic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warning: Offensive or spam comments will be deleted promptly!