Saturday, February 13, 2016

Back to the Books!

Since I am still kind of going to the dogs--sled dogs that is--I will feature two more of the Canine Cupids stories this time. By the way, I am getting ready to attempt to put together four or five of them into a single offering and--gasp--self publish  the result! These stories have always been my best sellers and I've realized it is silly to let them languish out of print. (When an e-book is off the market do we still call it out of print? Darned if I know!) At any rate, without further ado, here is Rescued by Love.  Both books can be found at http://www.amberquill.com/store/m/137-Deirdre-O-Dare.aspx

We all have heard about the heroic dogs who helped save people and search out those who did not survive on 9-11. If you are a bit of a dog lover as I am, that amazing internet knows about it and dog stories come your way a lot  and rescue dogs are often in the news.  Last night I saw a neat feature on avalanche dogs which are trained to dig out victims of avalanches at ski and other winter recreation areas.  I really enjoyed that. Anyway this led me to feature a rescue dog in a story. Thus Rescued By Love came to be! Here is the blurb and cover:

Blurb
With his life torn apart by tragedy, Garrett finds a true life-saver in the Golden Retriever pup Mandy that he rescues from a local shelter. Inspired by search-and-rescue heroics he sees on television, he and Mandy become a trained SAR team. Their first big challenge comes when a series of violent storms with vicious tornadoes rip through the high plains.
Dan has returned home from Iraq, shattered by the horrors he witnessed. Like his father and grandfather before him, he takes off on an old motorcycle to try to find peace and outrun his nightmares. Instead, he finds a storm that threatens to take his life.
But a special SAR team comes to Dan's rescue. And in Mandy and Garrett, Dan finds the unconditional love he desperately needs to become whole again...

The next Canine Cupids story was Burrito Belle's Gringo Guy. It features a feisty little Chihuahua and was one of the first stories I set in my new home state of New Mexico. I used a lot of Arizona settings because that had been my home for the greater part of my life. I tend to make settings almost a key secondary character so where a story happens is important! So here is Burrito Belle's Gringo Guy.

Blurb and cover:
Juan is on the run for his life when he stumbles across an abandoned Chihuahua pup. What better companion for his flight, and a mascot for his initial foray into free enterprise in his new home? But dangerous enemies are determined to track him down. It takes a strong friend to help him survive.
Troy grew up in poverty and has clawed his way to success. Until he builds a foolproof security, he hasn’t got time for relationships, or so he tells himself. Then an amazing little dog and her equally amazing master charge into his life and Troy’s captured in a net of lust, danger and obligations he never expected to find...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warning: Offensive or spam comments will be deleted promptly!