Thursday, January 8, 2015

Winter is not my fave...

...season and days like today are the reason why. Even in "sunny" New Mexico it is gray and bleak with no sunshine and a temperature in the lower 40s plus a sharp NW wind that puts the wind chill around freezing. Well, compared to Alaska and the Yukon, pretty tame stuff. But if you are not used to it...and if you have this nasty Alamo-land bug that seems to be a cold/virus/flu all smushed into one. Well, don't go there if you can help it. I wasn't looking and it sneaked up on me. I'm recovering but very slowly!!

I hope by now some of you have read and enjoyed The Mule Man. I won't have my sales figures for a few weeks yet but I can hope!

I did get a bit of a pick-me-up two days ago when one of the great AQP staffers forwarded me a really great review of last summer's Red Tails in the Sunset. It is just such a lift to a writer when a reviewer really "gets" one of your tales and you can tell you touched them. That's what this review told me.
To read the whole thing, go here:  https://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.com/2014/12/25/red-tails-in-the-sunset-by-deidre-odare/

But here is a snippet: Lisa of  MM Good Books Reviews gave it four hearts and said:
"This was a fascinating story with a bit more added in that I had not expected. It was a blast to read and I look forward to reading more by this amazing author....I would recommend reading this especially if you love daredevils, excitement, danger, adventure, and gorgeous men. It gave me almost everything I could ask for in a story and my attention was caught with it."  

Thank you Lisa and smoochies for loving a very special story that had a lot of my heart in it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Warning: Offensive or spam comments will be deleted promptly!