Friday, March 14, 2014

Wrenching out this weekend!

Time flies when you are having fun! I've been busy the last ten days following the Iditarod sled dog race of which I am a very avid fan. Once again my favorite musher, Aliy Zirkle came in second but this time by a mere two minutes--over eight plus days and nearly 1,000 miles of the world's most rugged terrain that can actually be traversed, that is awesome. But in that passion, I let time get away from me. All at once release day is here!!

Anyway, Grease Monkeys Inc. --the PAX--will be on the street by sometime Sunday, This is five stories about mechanics who find love in probably unlikely seeming places! My guy ends up on a ranch trying to help his hero and secret crush find who has been trashing his nice new pickup with nasty sabotage. All five stories will be featured on the special Amber PAX blog starting .like yesterday--actually the week leading up to and that following the release. You can click out to www.amberpax.blogspot.com and read all about each of the five stories in last week's posts and then hear from the authors themselves in alphabetical order of the five titles this next week. Since w for Wrenching comes kinda late in the twenty six letter sequence,  I'm last and my post will appear on Friday the 21st--the first day of spring, as it were. Just a coincidence although my story does happen in the spring, one place mid March is mentioned.  But to make up for coming last, my cover and excerpt appears first right now since it was the last one for this week! If that makes any sense...

Anyway I hope to get some comments about this story either here or over at the Amber PAX blog so I can pick a winner for this story or the winner's choice of my rather extensive back list. With that in mind I'll just mention one of my past tales which could fit right in with these mechanic stories. It is called Muscle Car Man and came out some time ago but has been very popular. Here is the cover and a blurb:.

(Yep, I am a Ford gal. Mustangs and old T-Birds really start my motor!!)  Anyway, a glimpse of the plot here:

Jeff Castle has changed lanes from the high tech world to that of the classic muscle cars and their fans when he inherits his uncle’s glorified junk yard. His new life is complicated when help is hard to find. An impulse leads him to pick up a hiker on a remote road, and the man turns out to be just the kind of muscle Jeff needs in every way.

Released from prison after three hellish years, Mike needs help. All he can offer is his willingness to work and his background in repairing and racing stock cars. He gives this freely to Jeff and soon finds he wants to give more. Will his benefactor be willing to accept the love of an ex-con who still has a blot on his name? Mike is scared to ask but nature takes matters out of his hands.  Together they begin racing toward an amazing future.

Chck it out! It's on my backlist page at Amber Allure: www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure/bio_ODare.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warning: Offensive or spam comments will be deleted promptly!