Saturday, February 23, 2013

Looking ahead--my next release

I mentioned my new submission the other day,  A Different Drummer. The group of five tales now are all turned in and the collection is a go! The PAX title will be Melodies From The Heart which I find evocative and very appropriate! We also have a collection cover. The individual covers will be coming soon. The release is set for late April, probably the third weekend which is April 21 or thereabouts.

I'll keep you posted and when the release date gets close I will provide a link to the special blog which we have set up solely to feature each new PAX as it  is released. There will be excerpts of each story, covers, and tidbits from the five authors for each batch. And of course you will be able to find out more about my piece of the pie right here! For now though a simple heads up will have to do. And before I forget, here's the collection cover. Yummy, isn't it?


Also I got an awesome idea for a new non-collection story today! If you wonder where writers get their ideas, here's an example. A group of the slurry bomber planes used to fight wildfires are based at a small airport here and some are doing trial runs and practice since it is likely the fire season will kick off early this year due to the drought. I watched one lumber by and noted the characteristic red-painted tail.  All at once the title--a play of course on an old song title--ran through my mind: Red Tails in the Sunset. Then a rough plot and a couple of characters stepped out of the what-if shadows. I know they will be starting to tell me their story soon!  Meanwhile I am also working on a twist on the traditional Gothic story which finds a genteel young person going off to a gloomy estate to serve as a governess or tutor for some aristocrat's children... Of course this is a gay romance so the person in question is a young man left impoverished by an uncle's gambling habit. The children have survived a terrible trauma and it falls to him to help them and also solve a mystery surrounding their parents' death! For now the title is Dark and Stormy since it is indeed a dark and stormy night when the tale begins. It will be a PAX collection tale and probably coming out in the late summer or early fall. 

So that's the news for now. Stay tuned for more ideas, projects, releases and fun stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Warning: Offensive or spam comments will be deleted promptly!